Sugar Crush occurs when a player accomplishes the objective of a level.
When the level is completed, the voice will announce, "Sugar Crush!" and the same words appear on the screen. The sugar crush is a reward and a way to get extra points for every move you have remaining when the level is completed.
Normally what happens is that after the Sugar Crush is announced, all the special candies at the top left on the screen automatically activate. They then work their way to the right and down. The special candies go off in this order: candy fish, wrapped candies, striped candies, color bombs and coloring candies. All these are done in reading order from left to right and top row to bottom row. Any new special candies formed during cascade will change the sequence. Some of the special candies will be converted during the process.
Sugar Crush has three phrases:
- If there are special candies on the board, they will be activated.
- Each move left will be transformed into an additional special candy on the level board - candy fish, wrapped candy or a striped candy and give you 3000 points.
- When was added to the board, all kinds of special candy will be activated in order: candy fish, wrapped candy and striped candy.
Note that as Sugar Crush progresses, extra candy colors may be added onto the board. This is likely to prevent excessively long cascades from occurring especially on wide-open four-color levels, which tend to result in very high score variation. However, this case may very rarely happen with the levels that has unordered candy colors or even never happen (level 1439 can be an example).
On February 2 2018, the player can skip Sugar Crush by tapping "Continue" button. This feature will be activated after "Sugar Crush" disappeared. When you tap "Continue", Sugar Crush will speed up its work. This feature is available on Facebook on February 13 2018, and it will be unlocked at level 4, but just after 7 day, it will show up at level 1.
The order of special candies when added on the board can be shown in the table below (up to 30 moves):
- Special candies still be able to be created and activated in liquorice lock, jelly cube and cotton cloud.
- Sugar Crush feature is the same as Soda Crush in Candy Crush Soda Saga, but the name is same as one in Candy Crush Saga.
- However, Sugar Crush in Candy Crush Saga has different mechanism than the one in Candy Crush Jelly Saga.
- It will not happen if the level is completed with no moves remaining and if there are no special candies on the level board.
- When striped candies are activated during Sugar Crush, horizontal striped candies will be activated first, then vertical striped ones.
- In some rare moments, black candies can give you more bonus score without creating special candies during Sugar Crush, with corresponding points of 3000, 6000, 9000 and 12,000.