Moves are one of the main features of Candy Crush Jelly Saga. A move consists of matching at least three same-colored candies in a row or column, or switching a color bomb, coloring candy or combining special candies. A successful match will decrease the total number of remaining moves by one.
After the level target is accomplished, Sugar Crush will activate, converting all remaining moves into special candies and earning you additional points.
The number of moves can vary a lot. When you run out of moves and you haven't reached the level objective, you'll fail the level.
This feature is first released on February 4 2020. When the player has run out of moves, an option table below will show up.
To get 3 free moves, the player must watch any ad given; and the player needs an internet connection to perform this. To boss levels, you only get 2 free moves to stun the boss. If you have run out of moves again, the feature won't appear.
The player has a maximum of 5 times watching ads in one day.
On September 4, 2021, the player can get 3 moves to stun boss instead of 2.
On September 16 2021, there is a new update when you have run out of moves. You will have 3 turns to watch ad and get free moves. 2 first turns have 2 moves, the last turn has 1 move. The purple circle will start at the first free move of "Watch Ad". After you watched the first video, "+5 moves" option will disappear and the circle will move to the next free move. The player can select "Watch Ad" again or choose "Play on" if you think it's enough. You need to be careful a bit because if you hit "Back" on the phone, the gameplay will freeze and you must replay from scratch.
On September 30 2021, 1 free move was replaced by 1 free striped candy at the last turn.
On October 13 2021, a free striped candy was removed. You only have 2 turns to watch ad and get free moves. On October 14 2021, it is back with 3 turns to watch ad and get free moves.
On October 18 2021 in the morning, you also have 2 turns to watch ad and get free moves. However, there is a bit change. The first turn has 2 moves and the second turn has 1 move. Until the same day in the evening, it is suddenly back with 3 turns to watch ad and get free moves.
It also works the same in boss levels. If you have run out of moves again, the feature won't appear.
- If you have only 5 moves left, a "5 moves left!" information will appear. This was removed when Candy Crush Jelly Saga officially released.
- On August 2019, if you have 5 moves left, it will light up as a warning.
- Levels 3 and 321 currently have the least moves in the game, with 11.
- Level 14, 255 and 317 currently have the most moves in the game, with 55.
- Pre-buff level 255 had the most moves in the games, with 60.
- After the release of episode 196, if the player fails twice and more, 1 move will be added in "Play on" and so on. When you click it, the whole move will be added to the game and will be reset to the original move (it means "5"). However, this feature is only available for some players. On July 7, 2021, it was removed completely.
- Version 1
- Version 2
- Version 2 (replaced at the last turn)
- Version 3 (removed a free striped candy)
- Version 4 (removed the second "+2 moves")