Jelly boss levels are one of the six level types in Candy Crush Jelly Saga, along with jelly levels, puffler levels, puffler boss levels, monkling levels and monkling boss levels. Jelly boss levels are the forth level type introduced in the game. They first appear in episode 6, Gelatine Grotto, with first level being level 101.
Jelly boss levels are the hardest and second level type in the game, making up 3.64% of all levels, with 126 total appearances out of the 3465 levels.
See the full List of Jelly boss levels here.
This level type is involving the Jelly Queen.
It has the same icon as the jelly level, but Jelly Queen is located on the left side of the level introduction.
To pass this level type, the player has to remove all of the Jelly Queen's jelly to defeat her, which is done by matching the red jelly over the green jelly until there is no more green jelly.
After each move without creating special candies, the player and Jelly Queen will change their turns alternately until running out of moves. You (or Jenny) will spread your jelly by red jelly, Jelly Queen will spread her jelly by green jelly.
In some levels, the player will win, if he/she spreads more jellies than the Jelly Queen's green jellies.
- This type of goal was the goal for all jelly boss levels in the soft-launched version before Creamy Canyon.
- This goal was later brought back to the game and it was the goal for some levels in later episodes.
Before Cookie Falls was released the goal for jelly boss levels was to spread the required amount of red jellies.
When Jelly Queen removes all of the red jellies, you will fail the level without an option to continue the level.
When all amount of Jelly Queen's jelly is removed, all your jelly will be spread on the board, Sugar Crush is activated - fish, striped and wrapped candies are made for every move remaining, giving 3,000 points for each. Then each of them activates themselves.
A player also has to reach a certain score requirement (for one star). This is usually trivial, due to the fact that if you complete the main level objective, you always have enough points for at least one star.
- Before Creamy Canyon was released, the goal of this level type was only to spread more jelly than the Jelly Queen when you run out of moves.
- Apparently, this goal was used in some levels in later episodes.
- Before Cookie Falls was released, the goal of this level type was only to spread a specific amount of red jellies and not needing to finish the green jellies and the moves.
- All jelly boss levels were buffed every time the goal was changed.
- Candy fish always finds Jelly Queen's jelly to removed them.
- On March 2017, all these levels from level 4 to level 92 were replaced by other level types and the first level of this level type is level 101. However, all players that played from scratch didn't completely realize this change until March 2018.
- There is a bug in this level type that when Jelly Queen removes all the jelly of the player (the red one), it appears that the player pressed the exit button
- On March 22, 2019, the player can be given an extra move by creating a special candy. However, it was removed when episode 169 was released. However, it was aborted after the released of episode 170.
- After the release of episode 175, the jelly number was displayed on the counter.
- When Jelly Queen, or Jenny (the player) spreads all green jellies, a message will show up "You pressed the quit button!". After March 18 2020, the message will say "You need more practice."
Since the game has been released, this level type changed the game rule many times, at least 3. The table below will show game rules of this level type in development.
|1/Beta (soft launch on mobile)||The player only spreads more jelly than Jelly Queen's jelly and uses all moves given.|
|2 / Official released on mobile for several months||In the level table, the jelly will show how much jelly you need to spread before running out of moves.|
|3 / Present||The player has to remove all Jelly Queen's jelly on the board before running out of moves.|
|Candy Crush Jelly Saga level types|